Total Pageviews

Monday

My favorite holliday memory?

When I was 11 years old, my family went to Belize, a small country of the east coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. We found a guy who owned a small 4 acre island about 26 miles of the coast, and he agreed to give us a big discount to stay there for about a week (that is the only thing that let us do this...never would able to afford it usually). We travelled out to the island on a 20foot wooden motor boat, and stayed in one of three cabins on the island. For that week, the population of the island was eight: me, my parents, my sister, the owner of the island and a cook, as well as their two golden retrievers. We spent the days on the great beaches, fishing in the clear water (we had no fishing poles so we used our hands), snorkeling and diving. It was great. Even though I was bitten by one of the dogs and nearly passed out from loosing blood (not quite) it was still fun. Despite that, we went diving at an 80 year-old shipwreck the next day...however, we were soon visited by a 7foot Carribean Reef Shark who aparently smelled my blood in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment